- Because It Will Destroy The Traditional Meaning of Marriage: I think you will find that actual 'traditional marriage' was a woman's father signing over ownership of her to the husband that he has picked out. Thank god we have moved on from such outdated 'traditions', right?
- The Bible Says It's Wrong: The bible doesn't actually say anything about gay marriage. It does however say that you shall not wear clothing of mixed fabrics (Deuteronomy 22:11), guess we're all going straight to hell!
- Because Being Gay Is Unnatural: Homosexuality is found in over 450 species. Homophobia is only found in one- i think it is clear which is more unnatural.
- Because Gay Men Are Sexual Predators: Male rape is most commonly committed by heterosexual men (McMullen 1990). Better keep your back against that wall for the rest of your life!
- Because Gay Sex Is Disgusting: If you have ever jerked off to a little bit of girl on girl action or if you have ever had heteronormative anal sex then your argument is immediately invalid.
- Because Gay People Are Icky: Well.. At least you're honest but i personally find homophobics icky and you're still allowed to get married.
- Because Innocent Children Might Re-enact Gay Marriage Scenes At School And It Will Turn Our Kids Gay: You're really more comfortable with children acting out gun fights than acting out a display of love? Pretending to be gun-touting criminals doesn't turn children into gun-touting criminals. Pretending to be a pony doesn't turn children into ponies. Heck, how many LGBT people re-enacted heteronormative marriages when they were kids? You should really look up the definition of 'pretend'.
- Because I'm a Dick: Glad you admit it.
- .... : Exactly.
Dale Spender, an Australian feminist who has been a strong advocate of female rights in this area, noted that teachers who tried to restore the balance by deliberately ‘favouring’ the girls were astounded to find that despite their efforts they continued to devote more time to the boys in their classrooms. Another study reported that a male science teacher who managed to create an atmosphere in which girls and boys contributed more equally to discussion felt that he was devoting 90 per cent of his attention to the girls. And so did his male pupils. They complained vociferously that the girls were getting too much talking time.
In other public contexts, too, such as seminars and debates, when women and men are deliberately given an equal amount of the highly valued talking time, there is often a perception that they are getting more than their fair share. Dale Spender explains this as follows:
The talkativeness of women has been gauged in comparison not with men but with silence. Women have not been judged on the grounds of whether they talk more than men, but of whether they talk more than silent women.
In other words, if women talk at all, this may be perceived as ‘too much’ by men who expect them to provide a silent, decorative background in many social contexts. This may sound outrageous, but think about how you react when precocious children dominate the talk at an adult party. As women begin to make inroads into formerly ‘male’ domains such as business and professional contexts, we should not be surprised to find that their contributions are not always perceived positively or even accurately.” —
As a teacher, I give girls what I hope is a lot of attention. I don’t know if I give girls their fair share, but I aspire to, especially after noticing that boys are willing to use their greater share of teachers’ attention to get girls who they feel aren’t being quiet and docile enough punished. I have therefore acquired a reputation for “caring more about the girls.” This has had two marked results: Some straight boys have gotten more hostile toward me, and most girls have gotten more confident around me. This makes me think I’m doing something right.
Longer thoughts on how this phenomenon relates to sexual harassment in classrooms, if you’re interested: The girls figured out I won’t report them if they hit boys who are sexually harassing them, I’ll only report the boys. This led to an increase in how often girls got the last word and boys got smacked in my classes, and, also, to a DECREASE IN HOW OFTEN GIRLS GOT SEXUALLY HARASSED. The sexual harassers seem to have been depending on the sort of “equal blame” and “retaliation is never warranted” and “don’t hurt others’ feelings” perspectives so many schools try to instill in kids; the sexual harassers were usually the ones bringing me into the situation by saying, “Miss, she hit me! You should write her up!” Once they figured out I was only ever going to respond, “If you don’t treat girls like that, they won’t hit you,” the girls got more confident and the sexual harassers largely shut the fuck up.
In schools, fighting against sexual harassment is often punished exactly the same as, or more severely than, sexual harassment — a lot of discipline codes make no distinction between violence and violence in self-defence, and violence is ALWAYS the highest level of disciplinary infraction, whereas verbal sexual harassment rarely is. Sexual harassers, at least in the schools I’ve been in, rely heavily on GETTING GIRLS IN TROUBLE WITH HIGHER AUTHORITIES as a strategy of harassment — creating an external punishment that penalises girls for and therefore discourages girls from fighting back. Sexual harassers are willing to use their greater share of floorspace to ask to get girls who won’t date them punished. By and large, teachers do punish those girls when they swear or hit. Schools condition girls to ignore sexual harassment by punishing them when they speak up or fight back instead.
Once the sexual harassers in my classes understood that girls wouldn’t be punished for rejecting them, they backed off around me. And there started to be a flip in what conversations I get called into — girls are telling me when boys are being nasty (too loud and dominant), instead of boys telling me when girls are being uncooperative (louder and more dominant than boys think they should be).
reblogging again for the wonderful commentary.
Holy crud, so glad I read this. Reblogging for other educators.
As a girl who would not be shut up and would not tolerate teasing or abuse from boys in my class and was several times sent to such higher authorities for it, reading this is extremely, extremely vindicating. I was lucky, though, because being a particularly bright, advanced student for those grades, they generally took my side and I never got into any severe or lasting trouble. Again ,this was luck, and shouldn’t be the rule.
I was going to write that exact last paragraph; WOW.
Saw Chris at the book signing in blue waters though I was too late to get a spot in the queue, he looked incredibly gorgeous and flawless as usual. Happy for the people who got a spot.
- Nurse: "Sorry your boyfriend couldn't wait for you in the waiting room, it makes women feel uncomfortable."
- Me: "He wasn't my boyfriend and I don't see how it would make them uncomfortable, but that's my opinion. He was here for moral support. I understood, and so does he."
- Nurse: "So he's your...."
- Me: "Friend."
- Nurse: (During the question asking) "How many sexual partners have you had?"
- Me: "11."
- Nurse: "How old were you when you first became sexually active?"
- Me: "....Loaded question but....14, I guess."
- Nurse: "You're sexually active, then."
- Me: "Well....I guess...but..."
- Nurse: "How many times have you been pregnant?"
- Me: "Uh. 0."
- Nurse: "O...kayy...-Checks 'condoms' as my preferred use of birth control-"
- Me: "I don't use condoms. Or take birth control."
- Nurse: "Then how do you avoid getting pregnant?"
- Me: "With homosexuality."
- Me: "I fuck girls."
vaginas can pass stuff the diameter of a goddamn watermelon and snap back to original size, yet men still like to think their tiny ass dicks make a difference in “tightness.”
Kurt did not go get drunk with Blaine after he dropped off the Anti-Christ because he was upset.
The four Blaines in front of him (three of which were wearing their halos) scoffed at him and topped off his wine.
Well, he tried to. Mostly he slopped it on the splintery table. Kurt glared at it until the wine went back in the glass.
“Don’ t’rrify the alcohol, K’rt,”
“S’not a creature, angel. I can do wha’ I want.”
Blaine made a face at him before peering into the depths of his glass despairingly. “Don’t s’pose you could jus’…return him?”
Kurt snorted. “Demon, Blaine. You know wha’ kinda punissssshment they got for demonsssss who don’ do wha’ they’re tol’?” Blaine shook his head. “Paperwork. Endlesssss paperwork. Tirp…tripe…trip…gotta fill everything out three timessss. And then they don’ let you come back ‘causssssse you’re never finished with the damned paperwork.”
“You’re hissing again. Silly serpent.”
“Didju hear any of what I jussssst ssssaid?”
“Probably won’t ‘till I sober up.”
bisexual guys are assumed to be secretly gay
bisexual girls are assumed to be secretly straight
both are assumed to secretly like men
see what i’m getting at?
Don’t forget that gay men are gay because they lacked a “strong male figure”. And lesbians either haven’t found the right man or are gay because of a guy.
I once had a guy friend tell me that I wasn’t being fair by casually sleep with a mutual friend, but not with him. He then (unsuccessfully) pressured me to sleep with him, saying I “owed” it to him because he had been such a good friend in the past.
(submitted by anonymous)
I really don’t understand how people can hate gay people and call them “disgusting” I mean really,
did you just slip destiel into a post about actual gay couples and no one’s said anything about it yet what
Remember when Mia made out with a guy infront of Darren?
and darren said in an interview in 2011 that he doesn’t have a girlfriend
And Darren asked you to be gayer than him.
remember when Darren slammed the door in her face
And remember when Darren ran away from her whilst she hanging on Adam Lamberts’ arm?
If you can show me a man that looks better than Richard Armitage in military uniform I will give you my first born
I see your Tennant and raise you Hiddleston and Cumberbatch
i see your hiddleston and cumberbatch and raise you ackles
I see your Ackles and raise you a Barrowman
so is SuperWhoLock gonna share the child or
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.” —Rape prevention tips
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
Are you saying that I am fat?? DX
my brothers say that if this gets 500,000 notes i get to get out of the cage
goddammit we’re getting you out of hell ourselves
if we get enough notes we need to take a screen shot and tweet it to the writers.
Even if you arent a supernatutal fan, favourite and reblog this for us.
If we shipped Steve and Sherlock we could call it CapsLock
AND ALL THE FANFICTION WOULD BE TYPED LIKE THIS
Which means Thor will have written it.
I LOVE TUMBLR.
YES THIS SHIP.
I LIKE IT.
STEVE GRABBED THE ALL-OBSERVING MAN, AND WITH THE PASSION OF A HUNDRED WARRIORS, THEY ENGAGED IN INTIMATE MOUTH TO MOUTH ACTION, MUCH TO MY PERSONAL SATISFACTION.
okay so today I was at the mall and this girl walking in front of me and tripped and fell and instead of helping her up like a normal person would- I decided to make her feel less embarrassed and fall down too
but I guess another guy had the same idea because we fell at the same time
and then another person fell
and suddenly I was lying in the middle of an impromptu fainting mob and a lot of people were shouting
and the girl who’d originally fallen looked so fucking happy
2100+ words of summer klaine for darling jenu •ᴥ•
The first summer Kurt spends with Blaine is kind of a shock to the system.
Kurt has a boyfriend and that boyfriend is Blaine, and he discovers that boyfriend-Blaine comes complete with dozens and dozens of perks that Kurt hadn’t had the joy of experiencing when Blaine was just friend-Blaine. It turns out there are so many bonuses and benefits to actually dating Blaine.
He’s like the Swiss Army knife of boyfriends.
I attend a school filled with obnoxious sheltered rich people and when I went in for my english exam I realised that, among a sea of brunettes and blondes, I was the only one with an unnatural (neon pink) hair colour
and that is when i became aware i am the protagonist of an anime
Some Disney Hercules!Klaine for my dear Sara
Just something quick because I’m tired and overheating and yeah. Here you go dear. Now stop putting ideas in my head, I have a deadline to meet! (jk babes ily mwah xoxo)
Kurt really wondered how he managed to get himself into these situations. It was the third one this week alone and honestly he was more annoyed than distressed at this stage. He pushed over branches and over roots, trying to get away from that… thing and let out a yell when he ended up falling face first into the slimy, murky and disgusting swamp water. He had just cleaned his togas yesterday after the last mishap and now they were hanging heavy with the muddy water. His hair was saturated with it and flopped down in front of it and okay, yeah, Kurt was just peeved with how mythical monsters just seemed intent on ruining his day.
“Not so fast there, Hummel,” a gruff voice laughed and as Kurt tried to stumble up and out of the water, a large, dirty and meaty hand grabbed him around the middle. He was lifted clean out of the water and turned to face his tormentor, being shaken roughly the entire way.
“Ugh! I swear, Karofsky, put me down!” Kurt yelled, pulling his beefy hand with his tiny in comparison fists but it barely even tickled him. “Put me down or I’ll-“